Welcome to Harkawal's Blog. Hope you are doing good !

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Few Linux Tricks

 1. How to Update Google Chrome on Ubuntu OS

Use Package Manager for checking he updates.
You may also try to run following commands;

sudo apt-get install google-chrome-beta

For updating;

sudo apt-get --only-upgrade install google-chrome-stable

2. Uninstallation of Linux:

First of all I would like to say that Linux is great operating system. You need not to uninstall it/delete it.

Still If you wanna uninstall;

Let's proceed....

My Computer->Manage->Disc Management-> Delete the linux partitions.

Tip: Linux won't show NTFS/FAT sYstem.

Now put Windows Dvd -> Repair-> Command Prompt->

bootrec /fixmbr

or

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

One more command in few cases;

bootrec /fixboot

That's it. 

My Advice: Do not Uninstall Linux. It's too good. You need not to delete it.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any harm to your computer after reading this article and following it practically. 

I have written this article just for my knowledge and my mind's back up about Linux Uninstallation. Practically follow it entirely at your risk.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly provide your valuable comments. Regards Harkawal